I am a mother of three gorgeous boys, 18 month old, 6.5 year old and a 8 year old. So the activities I set out for the kids have to be suitable for all. If not then we wait till mr 18 month old is having his day sleep. But most off all they have to be FUN, FUN, FUN.
With this blog I am hoping to stick to kid only topics... activities, food, movies, and yes even toys. Please remember this... I am a mother of 3 BOYS, no girls. I don't have much money, so things I do with my children are done as cheap as I can get it and are generally home-made.
With all of that being said, while my little one has been sleeping, I have sent my older 2 outside with some home made cement paint. It is easy, it is cheap, the colours are bright and its made with ingredients every parent has.......
Corn Flour
Food Dye
Water
Yes that is all, and do you know what... the kids love it and it washes off the cement with ease.
As I make a lot of it in the one hit, I use plastic take away containers to store the paint in, of which you can buy a 6 pack for about $2.50. They can be washed out and reused and reused and reused.
So here we go:
CEMENT PAINT
For each colour you need:
1/2 cup Corn Flour
1/2 cup Water
Food dye- add as much or as little as you want to get your desired colour.
Mix all ingredients together, and send the children outside for some creative painting. Today I have sent my boys outside with 6 different coloured paints, 4 different types of sponges, 2 straws and 2 paint brushes..... let the creativity begin.
Remember to stir otherwise it starts to turn to gloop, but if you have a child like my Mr 6, then they will love it.


Remember to stir otherwise it starts to turn to gloop, but if you have a child like my Mr 6, then they will love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment